Avoid the Grant Line Road Backup

Zak Kerr, Editor-in-Chief

With the lane closures on Grant Line Road holding up traffic in front of IU Southeast, just getting out of the campus parking lot can now take an extra 10 minutes. To help the people of IU Southeast fight the traffic jams and beat road rage, The Horizon has created three alternate routes through Google Maps as an easy way to navigate around the traffic and back on to Interstate 265, State Street or Charlestown Road.

To circumvent the Grant Line Road traffic those parking in the Woodside, Central or Dogwood Parking Lots by University Center and Knobview Hall can use the ‘IUS front lot to Charlestown Road’ route to reach I-265 and those parking in the Evergreen East and West Parking Lots by the Life Sciences and Activities Buildings can use the ‘IUS back lot to Charlestown Road’ or ‘IUS to State Street’ routes to reach I-265.

As of August 26, the Indiana Department of Transportation has been doing work on the Grant Line Road bridge over Interstate 265. The construction may last until the end of September and will be switching lanes once the right side is covered with the polymeric overlay.

One lane of Grant Line Road will be closed in each direction as repairs are made and a new polymeric bridge overlay is installed that will provide better maneuverability and safer stopping on the road.