Faces of IUS: Haley Hisle

Paige Thompson, Staff

If someone were meeting Haley Hisle, speech communications junior, for the first time they might describe her as “bubbly,” or “enthusiastic,” and “positive.” All of which are true.

Hisle, who seems to have a smile on her face all the time, is currently in her third year at IUS, said that her favorite thing about IU Southeast is the caring professors that she encounters.

“I love going to a university where there aren’t a hundred plus students in each class. It’s more personable here and the professors really care about their students doing the best they can,” she said.

In her spare time, Hisle runs her own photography business, where she photographs families, high school seniors and couples.

“I love, love, love photography,” she said. “Being behind the lens is the most fun experience I’ve ever had. I love getting to know the clients that I’m working with. It makes their pictures unique.”

Hisle also likes to spend her spare time attending church, where she is a very active member.

“I love going to church and listening to God’s word being spoken along with other believers,” she said.

Besides running her own photography business and regularly attending church, Hisle also works as a barista at Village House Coffee in Georgetown, Indiana. She also enjoys other activities such as bonfires, and spending time with her friends and family.

And though she may not seem like it through her sweet demeanor, Hisle admits to having “really, really bad road rage.”